Progress DBA Training
Progress DBA training is practical training for system administrators to become a skilled Progress Database Administrator. The best way to learn something is to practice it yourself and with us you get enough opportunity to learn all Progress DBA skills hands on.
For whom intended?
This Progress DBA training is intended for system administrators without or with little knowledge of the Progress Open Edge System but with knowledge of the Windows or Unix Operating System, depending on the infrastructure you manage at work.
After the Progress DBA training the system administrator is able to maintain a Progress database, perform daily management routines like backups, knows how to configure High Availability options and to tune the performance of the Progress based application and database.
- Database Layout and Contents
- Components of a Progress Open Edge Installation
- Understanding the different Progress Processes.
Operational Management of a Progress Database
- Daily Management Tasks
- Working with Progress Explorer Tool
- Command Line utilities
- Installation of patches and updates
- Tips & Tricks
Progress Database Performancetuning
- Performancetuning the Basics
- Using Performance utilities on Windows and Unix
- Performancetuning Tips & Tricks
- Establishing a performancebaseline
- Maintaining a performance baseline
- Perform a Performancetuning Project
- Performing Risk Analysis
- Progress Backup and Restore
- Disaster Recovery & Procedures
- Implementing After Imaging
- Database Replication based on After Imaging
- Tips & Tricks
- Performing a Database Analysis
- Executing an Index Rebuild
- Performing a database dump&load
- Platform and Progress migrations